Sunday, December 23, 2012

Star of Bethlehem: Issa's Sunday Service, #149


Star of Bethlehem by Neil Young on Grooveshark 
In case of wonky widget, break bulb here
 
This is my very favorite Christmas song of all, on my favorite of all Neil Young albums (grossly maligned and neglected, though it is), with which I want to wish you all a great holiday season and a fine, creative new year.

And, because I can't resist, here is my second favorite Christmas song of all :





Not too shabby for a lapsed agnostic, eh?







at the hermit's hut, too--
an upturned face awaits
the stars
 Issa
 translated by David G. Lanoue 




best,
Don 

Send a single haiku for the Wednesday Haiku feature. Here's how.

Go to the LitRock web site for a list of all 149 songs

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I do like that. Don't know why it doesn't come to mind when I think of Christmas songs.

Anonymous said...

I love that song! and this particular Issa, as well. Thanks be, for Issa's Untidy Hut. Merry Yuletide, love, and peace, Don, from Donna

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Charles, not traditional but spot-on! Glad you liked it.

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Donna:

So glad you liked the Issa, as well as the Neil Young. It's amazing how many solid unknown tunes he's written besides the famous ones.

Don

Unknown said...

Dear Don, Something about that light shining down the hall... everyone's got a different name for it....
Merry Christmas... Merrill
My Dad was about as agnostic as you can get. Taught me a lot!